Wednesday, June 12, 2013

take away 7

I mentioned in class that I struggled with owning up to being an artist.  There is some part of me that shuns the idea of seeking fame and exposure while another part of me wants to be recognized for accomplishment.  Even though none of my work has gained attention from a major label I feel that I am just getting started in my musical endeavors.  In a few months I will have my first full length album pressed.  My goal is to put it on vinyl and get it in amazon to then get it on pandora.  It is retro metal.  I'm starting a country blues/early rock and roll band as well.  No distortion.  I plan on starting to record those songs by the end of the summer.  I seriously could not say, "I am an artist", until I was 31.  It's was so weird growing up with dreams and not being able to tell anyone, and being in the closet as an artist for a long time.  It's like living two lives and personalities.  It made me angry as well as scared.  Now, my art spills into everything I do, which makes everything seem a lot funner.  Like, school, websites, all this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment