Monday, June 10, 2013

Bliss

The things that make me happiest are playing music and skateboarding.  When I skate, I have songs in my head and I think about certain voicings and melodies to make them stronger.  It totally helps to be not playing music sometimes to come up with new material and inspiration from sources outside of music.  Music is an expression based on experience, reaction, and inspiration to me.  So to be outside of it, skating, putting my life on the line, getting the fire stoked is so appropriate toward creating music in my head and building the emotion I want to present to relay that message.  These dudes pictured here are some old skate homies from the day.  We all skated together back in the early 90's.  We all met up on sunday.  We hadn't been together in sixteen years.  Love these dudes.


No comments:

Post a Comment