Thursday, May 9, 2013

Eggs are awesome.  When I saw that you were giving us eggs, the first thing I thought of was, "I'm hungry."  I read an article in GQ years ago on pasta carbonara.  Being a big fan of eggs and having a history of eating them raw, I was stoked to find that using a raw egg for sauce was an acceptable form of cookery.  It seemed every person I knew was grossed out when I told them I liked raw eggs at times.  Rocky did it.  Me and my brother drank raw eggs when we were younger to be "real men" like Rocky.  Then later on in adulthood, a raw egg was something quick and easy to compliment a fast lifestyle.  The article had a little history lesson on the origin of the meal and more complicated ingredients.  I've used bacon, jowl bacon, lunch meat, canned ham, and pancetta.  Anything that leaves a little grease behind is fitting.  I've also used fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach, red peppers, green peppers, and diced onions in this dish too.  It's good to saute the veggies in the animal fat and stir it in after mixing the pasta and egg mixture.  This dish leaves a lot of room for creativity.  Cooking is an art, everyone does it different, and wasting food is a sin!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/mighty-appetite/2008/01/buona_sera_spaghetti_carbonara.html

My video recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment